Rekordbox – Beginner Online DJ Course
Our online Beginner DJ Course for the Rekordbox is the perfect way to get you started on your journey to becoming a confident DJ. We will teach you the core skills of DJing and have you mixing in no time no matter which Pioneer DJ controller you own! This DJ course is perfect for anyone who owns the DDJ RB, DDJ RR, DDJ RX, or DDJ RZ!
Our online Beginner DJ Course for Rekordbox is the perfect way to get you started on your journey to becoming a confident DJ. We will teach you the core skills of DJing and have you mixing in no time, no matter which Pioneer DJ controller you own! This DJ course is perfect for anyone who owns the DDJ RB, DDJ RR, DDJ RX, DDJ RZ, DDJ 400, DDJ 800 or DDJ 1000!
What will this course teach me?
Firstly you will learn how to get started with the Rekordbox software. From installation, you’ll then learn how to navigate this complex software, we’ll import your music library correctly, ready to press play on your first mix. This course focuses on breaking down the complex software into manageable lessons, allowing you to prioritise the skills you need to learn as a DJ, no matter which controller you own.
The core skills…
There are core skills every DJ should master including learning to beat match by ear, without the help of beat counters, wave forms or sync buttons. The first section of the course includes multiples lessons packed with tips and techniques to ensure you can beat match 2 tracks together without relying on any of these digital features. You will get access to our very own Crossfader DJ Tools pack, full of tools to help you beat match by ear.
This DJ course includes 20 different lessons on:
- Music theory 101 – understanding bars and phrasing.
- Using the EQ’s & filters.
- How to beat match without visuals.
- Tips on how to manage your library and organise your music.
- + much more!
Is this course right for me?
This DJ course is perfect for total beginners who are just getting started with their controller. The course will help you avoid picking up bad habits and ensure you’re learning all the core skills accurately.
This course is also suitable for DJs who know how to use the equipment but still struggle to beat match by ear. Or for DJs who are unsure why their mixes just don’t sound quite right.
Why learn with Crossfader?
Watch from the comfort of your own home with easy to follow video lessons. The course is accessible 24/7 from your Crossfader account, so you can watch wherever, whenever, as many times as you need.
Check out the lessons in the next tab to get an overview of what this course covers. If it seems a perfect fit then we look forward to helping you become the DJ you’ve always dreamt of becoming.
- To make the most of this course you will need either the Pioneer DDJ RB, Pioneer DDJ RR, Pioneer DDJ RX, Pioneer DDJ RZ, Pioneer DDJ 400, Pioneer DDJ 800 or Pioneer DDJ 1000 (not sold with the course) and the Rekordbox DJ Software using performance mode.
- We would also recommend a pair of headphones and some speakers to make the most of your training.
- This course is taught using the Pioneer DDJ RB however all the skills can be applied to any DJ controller using Rekordbox!
- All screen grabs on this course will be shown on a mac operating system but are all applicable to windows also.
- This course is filmed using Rekordbox 4.0 but will apply to Rekordbox 5.0 also.